Getting misaligned teeth corrected and aligned appropriately is one of the most crucial steps in beautifying one’s smile. Orthodontics is a specialized branch of dentistry that deals with treating malocclusion, and some of the popular orthodontic appliances are dental braces, Invisalign, etc.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a highly personalized orthodontic aligner which is a popular alternative to dental braces. Unlike braces, Invisalign is made from dental-grade plastic that has shape memory provided by a technology called SmartTrack. The treatment involves the use of multiple custom-made aligners that bring your teeth to their orthodontically right positions. Based on the severity of your oral condition, the treatment would last between 9 to 18 months.
What can Invisalign be used to treat?
There are many types of malocclusion varying in terms of severity and the specific set of teeth that are affected. Invisalign can be used to treat the following types of teeth misalignment issues:
- Excessive crowding
- Relapse after orthodontic treatment using dental braces
We will conduct a thorough diagnosis of your malocclusion and determine whether or not it can be treated using Invisalign.
Why should you choose Invisalign?
You may be thinking what the advantages of choosing Invisalign over traditional braces, which have been the go-to solution for treating malocclusion for many decades now. Here are a few benefits that Invisalign offers:
- They are removable. You can take the aligners off to eat food or brush your teeth and put them back on easily. However, it is crucial your teeth are cleaned before you put them back on to ensure excessive pressure is not applied to them.
- The aligners would not interfere with your day-to-day activities during the treatment phase.
- Since the aligners are made from transparent dental-grade plastic material, you need not hide your smile. You can confidently socialize with your friends and family, pose for photos, and be yourself without being too conscious of your oral appearance.
- You need not visit the dentist regularly to get the aligners fixed, as each treatment phase will be comprised of a new set of aligners. This means the dental visits can be changed flexibly according to your schedule.
- Invisalign is highly preferred by the younger generation as it helps you stay away from the embarrassment of having dental braces. Teenagers especially opt for Invisalign over other orthodontic aligners due to this reason.
- Since the aligners do not contain any metal components such as brackets, wires, etc., they ensure absolute safety when put on.
Please schedule a consultation with Dr. Sasha by calling us or reaching us through an online query, and we’ll be happy to guide you further.