What comes to your mind when you hear orthodontic treatment? Many people will say braces in unison. Well, not anymore. Invisalign has become a sought-after alternative to conventional braces, and for all the right reasons.
If you are conscious about the application of braces in your mouth, Invisalign is a better option to consider. They are clear aligners that address dental concerns such as underbite, overbite, gaps between your teeth, crowded teeth, etc. Invisalign is made using dental-grade plastic and works by applying slight pressure on the problem areas, shifting your teeth into the correct position, and giving an appealing smile.
How is Invisalign Used?
During your initial consultation, we will discuss the issues you have with your teeth. We will examine your dental health and take your X-rays to check the alignment of your teeth. It will also help us determine whether Invisalign is a suitable treatment for you.
We will take the molds of your teeth. It doesn’t involve the use of an uncomfortable or sticky substance that you have to bite into. On the contrary, we will use a special scanner to capture the 3D images of your teeth. These images will be sent to the Invisalign lab for the creation of your aligners.
On your next visit, we will place the aligners on your teeth and check their fitting. We may add small attachments to keep them in place for the initial days. Once the fit is approved, the treatment starts to work. It is essential to wear them 20-22 hours per day. You can remove these aligners while eating, brushing, and flossing your teeth.
Invisalign should be replaced with a new set of aligners every two weeks to keep the teeth moving to the right place. Visit us regularly so that we may track your progress from time to time.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
- The best benefit of using Invisalign is its aesthetic factor. As they are invisible, one can barely notice them on your teeth.
- Invisalign is more comfortable to wear over conventional metal braces. Moreover, it does not lead to bruising, cutting, or any other injury.
- There are no restrictions in terms of eating. You may enjoy anything you want to eat during the treatment.
- Invisalign makes it easy to maintain your oral routine. You can remove your aligners and easily brush, floss, and rinse your mouth.
- Many people with traditional braces suffer from unwanted problems such as breaking the wire, which involves emergency dental care. However, it doesn’t happen when you use Invisalign.
To find out more about the dental services offered at South Friendswood Dental, call (281) 481-7731 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 699 S Friendswood, Dr Suite, #108, Friendswood, TX 77546.